Ben & Jerry’s gets good to the core at Chunkfest
Singapore, 4 October 2014 - Close to 10,000 fans thronged the festival grounds as Ben & Jerry’s held the seventh annual ChunkFest at The Meadows, Gardens by the Bay. Getting back to the ‘core’ business of creating joy for the belly and soul, Ben & Jerry’s celebrated peace, love & ice cream as the following highlights took place:
- Fans were treated to one of Ben & Jerry’s new Core line of ice creams, ‘That’s My Jam’, as they get inspired by six social innovation heroes celebrated at ‘Sundae School’ that was held for the first time as part of the global business competition, Join Our Core.
- The line-up of social innovation heroes included Bjorn Low (Edible Gardens), Kenneth Foo (The Yellow Ribbon Project), Jay Che (Circus in Motion), Prasoon Kumar (Billionbricks), Richardo Chua (Adrenalin) and Terence Quek (Project Happy Feet) who is also one of the local judges for Join Our Core competition.
- Seven local core change makers (Bliss Restaurant, Bettr Barista, Edible Garden City,Emmaus Training Center, Project Happy Feet, Saught & Yellow Ribbon) also got together to form Ben & Jerry’s first ever Social Enterprise Marketplace, offering specialty coffees, manicures, fun activities and charming merchandise, amongst others, that fans could purchase and support for a good cause.
- Team “Thugz” won the ever-popular Vermonster Challenge, beating 29 other teams to wolf down 20 scoops of ice cream and toppings in record time of 1 min 4 secs. Comprising of team members Tristan (29), Kevin (26) Irvin (27) and Tomas (28), they were thrilled to receive one year supply of Vermonster Challenge (208 pints of ice cream!)
- Ben & Jerry’s also celebrated the wedding of one of our greatest fans, Thomas &Jamie with the first ever ChunkFest wedding! . The festival finally wound down with the crowd settling in with their favourites from some 20 ice cream flavours on offer as they enjoyed a free movie screening under the stars.
Notes to Editors: About Ben & Jerry’s
Ben & Jerry’s has been making great ice cream since the company was founded by school friends Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, back in 1978. Their aim is (& always has been!) to make the best possible ice cream, in the nicest possible way. This includes a commitment to values led sourcing for their ingredients, including milk of course, www.benjerry.com.sg. Check out Ben & Jerry’s Media Centre at http://www.benjerrymedia.com.sg via username: benjerrymedia and password: benjerrycores2014 for more materials and assets
About Join Our Core
Ben & Jerry's is on the hunt for some bright sparks living in the UK, Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Austria, Switzerland & the Netherlands, France, Japan and Singapore, who are creating cool new models for sustainable business which will help make a difference in communities around the world. Entrants need to be aged between 18 and 34, terms and conditions apply. For further information on Join Our Core, how to enter and the prizes on offer please visit www.joinourcore.com
20 Pasir Panjang Rd
# 03-01 Mapletree Business City
1 800 661 9898
1 800 661 9767